In 1886, estate owner De Roo Sr. commissioned the construction of a coach house on his estate Weizigt. De Roo came from a very wealthy family who lived in various villas; Villa Weizigt (1795) was the family's winter residence. The estate originally lay on the edge of the city, surrounded by meadows. Behind the villa was a large garden with a tropical greenhouse, an orangery and a forest. For the construction of the railway and the Krispijn tunnel, part of the estate had to be relinquished. In 1946, the estate was used for the construction of the Weizigt Park, which was opened in 1948. The dilapidated Coach House was restored in 1995, reusing all nineteenth-century elements. As a result, the beautifully tiled floors, walls and richly decorated ceilings have been preserved.
- Construction year: 1886
- Style of construction: Eclecticism
- Commissioned by: De Roo Family
- Original function: Coach house with horse stable, carriage shed, various workrooms and a service area