The Remonstrant Church was built in 1900-1901 by architect H. A. Reus. The organ was built by Michaël Maarschalkerweerd and put into use in 1909. The brick church was built on 'a human scale' and executed in a sober Jugendstil style that shows influences of the rationalistic building style of H.P. Berlage. The church hall has an elliptical wooden barrel vault. Remarkable is the round arch above the front door, with the inscription of a motto traditionally held by Remonstrants: "Unity in what is necessary, Freedom in what is uncertain, Love in everything". After the Second World War, the windows were replaced by stained glass windows with biblical images. The exterior of the church was thoroughly restored in 1997-1998. The organ was also restored and expanded with a number of stops. The original interior has been well preserved: the original pews, art nouveau wall lights and chandeliers are present. Today, the church is still frequently used for services, concerts, weddings and funerals.
- Year built: 1901
- Style of construction: Dutch Jugendstil, rationalism and art nouveau interior
- Architect: H.A. Reus
- Original function: Church with sexton's house