Wheatmill Kyck over den Dyck; this high, round, stone post mill from 1713 was originally a malt mill for beer breweries and later acquired the function of grinding grain. After restoration in 1999, its function was restored. The mill is a striking feature in the Dordrecht cityscape and is the only remaining one of the many mills that Dordrecht once knew. The scaffolding provides a beautiful view of the surroundings. During the restoration, the windmill was put back into its upright position after a new foundation was laid. This was highly necessary, as it had sunk more than 1.5 metres backwards into the dike. The mill has been given a new purpose and is now rented out for meetings and gatherings.
The shop on the ground floor sells 'mill products' such as wholemeal flour and biscuits. The mill is open all year round on Saturdays from 10.00 to 16.00. The mill shop is also open on Wednesdays from 13.00 to 16.00.
Even with children, it is great fun to take a look inside the mill!
De Molen has two rooms for meetings, weddings and parties: the ground floor with mezzanine, and the second attic. See the website for more information.